Serves 3 or 4 or ummm two in our house last night
Recipe from Kevin at Closet Cooking - most flavorful and amazing blog you have to check it out. Here's the link to his website. Click here. Enjoy!
Bacon Guacamole Ingredients
2 large ripe avocados
1/4 of a red onion approx 1/4 cup ( I didn't measure)
1 jalapeño ( I took the seeds out of mine since I have a youngster)
2 Tbs cilantro (healthy handful)
1 medium sized tomato, diced
1/4 tsp salt. kosher, course
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp cumin
1 tsp lime juice
1 tsp lemon juice (added this to the original recipe)
4 strips of bacon, cooked to a crisp
1. Cook the bacon until crispy. Pat the grease off and crumble it into a small bowl
2. Mash the avocados slightly, in a medium sized bowl, if you like chunky guac, just leave it all in chunks
3. Combine all the ingredients in the medium sized bowl.
4. Taste and adjust the seasonings as needed. This was pretty mild as far as heat. I kept it on the mild/medium side for my kiddo, but feel free to add heat by adding another jalapeno, more pepper, or even some red pepper flakes.
5. Serve with chips or on tacos or just grab a spoon!